Filed under Edited, Editorials

Lone Survivor. Wow.

Lone Survivor quenched my thirst for a truly well done film. If you are not familiar with the plot here’s a quick summary.

The film is based on the true story of a failed Navy SEAL mission, Operation Red Wings. This mission yielded the largest loss of troops in SEAL history.Lone Survivor includes a masterful score, top-notch acting, beautiful cinematography along with accuracy to the event and attention to detail.

There seems to be an absence of true “films” in todays cinema. There are so many movies that come out.Sell-out directors make simpleton movies that are entertaining, yet they lack any substance or meaning. Lone Survivor helped bring back true films.

It is clear that the directors and others involved took time to learn about and research the event to really gain a feel for what happened. The emotion is so deep that even when the soldiers are shot you as a viewer feel as if you’re there with them getting hit by bullet after bullet. You are plunged into the struggle and adversity of those four Navy SEALs. When the “good guys” come and all is well it brought me to tears.

I was so emotionally attached to the movie that I felt like I too had been rescued from that nightmare of an experience.

I highly recommend this film to anyone. It 100% worth your time.

1 Comment

One Response to “Lone Survivor. Wow.”

1. John on February 11th, 2014 1:41 pm

cool

The Voyager intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. smwest.com does not allow anonymous comments, and smwest.com requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The student news site of Shawnee Mission West High School
Lone Survivor. Wow.