Hear PETA Roar

Katy Perry’s music video for her new single “Roar” has been stirring up controversy with animal rights activists. The video features Katy Perry in a jungle like setting interacting with exotic animals.

Animal rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, more commonly known as PETA, recently spoke out about the use of exotic wildlife in the music video. PETA has suggested that instead of using living creatures that the use of computer animated wildlife would be more humane and effective, such as the Apes found in the 2011 movie “Rise of the Planet of the Apes”. PETA believes that the use of animals causes distress. “Animals used for entertainment endure horrific cruelty and suffer from extreme confinement and violent training methods” said a representative for PETA to the Daily Star.

The film makers involved in the creation of the production of the video, The Serengeti Ranch have been inspected 22 times and have received 13 citations from the U.S. department of Agriculture in the last 12 years.