Shawnee Mission West's online student newspaper

Photo Of The Week

photo by Malcom Luna

Latest Tweets

Move Over LeBron?

Many of you have seen the impressive mix-tape on youtube of Seventh Woods, a freshman who plays for Columbia (S.C.) Hammond School.  At 6-foot-1, 170 pounds, Woods has to be the best pound-for-pound boys basketball player in the Class of 2016. Woods averaged 19.3 points, 4.3 assists, 3.5 rebounds and 2.7 steals per game this past season, leading Columbia Hammond School to a 22-5 record and the South Carolina Independent Schools Association Class AAA state championship game. Based on the internet views it has already received — more than 3 million views in just four days — it’s clear that others are taking notice of Woods’ ability as well. Some have even called him the next LeBron, though such a pronouncement is clearly hyperbolic and flat out preposterous for a 14-year-old. It’s no surprise Woods already has a nbadraft.net profile. Maybe he’ll be picked seventh. I’m sure he will be a top recruit for college and can’t wait to see his future! Check out his video on youtube and you decide if he really is the next big thing!