Shawnee Mission West's online student newspaper

Photo Of The Week

photo by Malcom Luna

Latest Tweets

How West Had Won

The Vikings started the first quarter on an 8-0 run with a great sign of promising game against what some would call our rival, Shawnee Mission South. The vibe was set and the intensity was there; West entered the gym with confidence and their heads held high, and in their minds no one could beat them on that Wednesday night.

Two early three’s in the game boosted them in the first quarter, then the second quarter started and a rising star came out and showed how well he was capable of playing; Mitch Mansour tallied up 20 points, 12 of them coming from downtown.

Good players play strong in big games, that’s how it always has worked and will work like that forever. Great senior leadership and preparation helped the Vikings stomp on the Raiders 51-42.

Next for the Vikes will be a powerful team in Blue Valley Northwest, as the Huskies have a couple threats with freshman Clayton Custer and Senior Brett Fisher who can shoot the deep ball very well and is averaging around 17 points a game. The Huskies travel to West’s gym on Friday March 4.

The winner of this game gets a bid to the State Championship. A great battle is expected and the big players will be showcased in this sub-state championship game.