Rae Sremmurd Concert Review

Editor-in-Chief Drake Mattis attended the SremmLife II Tour’s stop in KC.

Drake Mattis, Editor-in-Chief

On Oct ober 11, hip-hop duo Rae Sremmurd came to the Arvest Bank Theatre at the Midland in downtown KC for their ninth stop on their SremmLife II Tour. Lucky enough for me, I had the opportunity to see the live banger itself.

Rae Sremmurd was the main act for this show, and they were preceded by SremmLife Crew members Impxct and Bobo Swae, as well as rappers Eearz and Lil Yachty. Of the four supporting acts, Lil Yachty was definitely the most well-known artist, recently being featured as a part of XXL’s “2016 Freshman Class.”

I had heard prior to the show that Lil Yachty was not good live, but his performance at the Midland contradicted that. “Lil Boat,” as he is nicknamed, surprised me with his performance, which was very energetic and spirited.

Rae Sremmurd is composed of brothers Swae Lee and Slim Jimmy, and once they hit the stage, there was nothing but hype that filled the amphitheatre as they bounced around like Mexican jumping beans.

The pair of artists that make up Rae Sremmurd was dynamic and lively on the night of their Kansas City show, and I’m glad that I had the opportunity to attend.

I’ve been to several hip-hop concerts in the past, and this one in particular was one of my favorites. The energy that was felt at the Midland that night was unmatched, and it’s hard to make any type of comparison to anything because it was such a unique show. The bottom line is that Rae Sremmurd was great that night. I hope that they will return to KC some day, and I hope that I will again be in attendance. I would give this concert a solid “A,” and was very impressed by the young duo’s performance.