Heading North

Back to Article
Back to Article

Heading North

Recently the staff of the Epic learned that Jeremy Higgins, an associate principal here at West, will be leaving the building next year to become the building principal at Shawnee Mission North. “[I’ll be] the Mr. Loe of SMN.” as he explained it.

“It has always been and dream/goal of mine to be a building principal.  In every position that I have been in since my very first teaching job, I have tried to learn as much as I possibly can so that when the opportunity did present itself I would be ready.”

Higgins leaves West after two years as associate principal at West, but in that small amount of time he has built a strong relationship with the students and the faculty here.

“Even though I have only been at SMW for 2 years, I have really, really enjoyed my time.  This is a really great place to work, with great students and teachers. The thing that I will miss most about SMW is the people – the community here is great, a lot of fun to be around, and makes coming to school very enjoyable. I will definitely miss being at SMW.”

Higgins will be replacing Dave Tappan, another former associate principal at West, at the start of the 2018-2019 school year. The Epic Staff wishes Dr. Higgins the best of luck, and congratulates him on his new position.