The student news site of Shawnee Mission West High School

Grinders Stonewall

Grinders Stonewall in Lenexa

Grinders Stonewall in Lenexa

photo via Grinders Stonewall Facebook page

Grinders Stonewall in Lenexa

Jade Tonjes, Writer

One restaurant that most residents of Lenexa don’t know about is Grinders Stonewall. Located off Pflumm Rd and 103rd St, Grinders is hidden by towering trees in a refurbished white house. The restaurant opened in 2014 after two years and eight months of renovations; Now it’s open seven days a week.

They are known for their specialty New York pizzas, authentic Philly cheese steaks and world famous “Death Wings” but they also serve burgers, salads, deli sandwiches and other house-smoked specials. Along with great food they also have one of the most diverse beer selections in the metro.

Grinders has other locations scattered throughout Kansas City; There is one downtown in the Crossroads and another in the historic part of Leavenworth. Grinders Stonewall is always buzzing with hungry customers looking for great food, good conversation and local sports on TV.

Senior, Michaela Tarwater has been to both the Pflumm and Crossroad locations. One thing that made her experiences at Grinders different than other places were the vibes from the specific location, “Pflumm has more of a ‘homey’ vibe while the Crossroads takes the upbeat vibe of downtown” she said. She also added that the food, specifically the pepperoni pizza, is really good for being relatively cheap and recommends that other students check it out.

The unique atmosphere and fantastic food will continue to bring customers in for the foreseeable future.